As she slowly melts in my lips
The aroma fills the air
And the smoke slowly crawls through my hair
Titillating
My senses
As the parched earth sizzles
When the first drop of rain trickles
Down the broken window pane
My mind floats in rings
My breath cries in pain
But it seems to sing
The verses
The notes float in the air
As if they don’t care
About the past
Nor the future
Just these moments that last
A few memories
Darkness illuminates the mind
I have left the moon and the stars behind
Searching …
Words cling on like leeches
As the world slowly screeches
to a halt.
Like that lonely grain of salt
I float in the sea
Trying to see
Trying to hear
but I have turned deaf
and blind too
Like the drifting autumn leaf
The wind blows me
Through sifts of time
From the sick to the sublime
but I know them too
Like the edges of the shattered crescent
And the dust that gathers
On the ruffled feathers
Of the stuffed pheasant
That sits in the corner of my room
Waiting …

Oh it’s magical!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment